In case you’re having problems with the Travel Tracker or your Travel Tracker is not recording your travel route properly, here are some tips:
First of all, please read the following article in order to understand, how our tracker actually works:
How does the Travel Tracker work? Does it use GPS?
Please also note that our app requests your location from your smartphone. If your smartphone cannot retrieve the location, the FindPenguins app also can't.
- Make sure the Travel Tracker is turned on for the correct trip. To check, open the app. Under “Home”, tap the tracker icon in the top menu, then check if the correct trip is selected.
- To see if you granted the necessary permissions, try turning the travel tracker off and on again.
- Check the battery settings of the app. To do so, open the System settings > Apps > FindPenguins > Battery / App battery usage / Power usage details. Make sure to allow unrestricted background usage. On Huawei devices, turn off Manage automatically and ensure Run in background is turned on.
- Make sure your phone does not run in Low power mode (iOS) and that the Battery saver (Android) is turned off.
- Check the end date of the trip that the tracker is turned on for. If the end date has already passed by a few days, the app does not record waypoints anymore. You will receive various notifications before this happens. If no end date is set, you can ignore this point.
- If your route line is inaccurate or there are only a few waypoints, your phone has trouble finding your location. Turning off flight mode helps, but it's not necessary! Also, try to keep your phone in a position with a clear view of the sky (if possible).
If all this doesn’t work, please contact us with the details of your phone/tablet and operating system version.