Posts on FindPenguins are called "Footprints". They contain your stories, photos and videos, as well as location and date. Footprints represent your travel experiences. Create Footprint posts for example of sights, beaches, national parks, cities, accommodations, trips or other events. To post a new footprint, please proceed as follows:
- Select the "+ Footprint" in the bottom menu bar of the app to create a new Footprint.
- Each footprint needs a location. The location you are currently at is always preselected. If you want to change it, tap on the map for more options.
- Choose a title for your footprint. Here you can give free rein to your creativity.
- Now choose a date. To add footprints from the past, select the date manually. Otherwise you can leave the date on the default option "Now". Please always make sure that the date matches the selected location in the upper map.
- Under "Trip" you can assign the footprint to a trip.
- Now you can tell something about your experiences and adventures.
- If you want to add photos or videos, please tap on the big "+" plus. The order of the photos can be changed via drag&drop.
- If you want to keep the footprint private for now, turn on the private switch. This can be helpful if you want to edit the footprint on another device. Upload it privately and edit the footprint on your second device. Is the footprint ready, turn off the private switch and your followers will be notified.
- If you haven't already done so, upload the footprint now or save it as a draft to edit it later (footprints can only be saved as drafts via our app). You can find your drafts on the "Home" page of the app.
You can edit your Footprint entries in full at any time. To do so, open the menu of the Footprint and select "Edit".