FindPenguins is an app to the capture experiences of any kind of travels in your life. Here is a little walk-through how to get started at the first time:
First you need to create the trip:
- Have you signed up? If not, please do so.
- Navigate a bit through the app and you will find your "Profile" with a small world map and your profile picture.
- On your profile there is a button "Create a first trip". This is what you want to do.
- Enter at least a trip name and a start date and choose privacy, then save the trip.
- On the next pages you can turn on the travel tracker, add fellow travelers and choose categories, but this can all be skipped and done later.
- The trip you just created will be open at the end. If you want to open it later, you can find it on your profile now.
You have successfully created your first trip and you are all set to go travel.
How do I fill my trip with content, my travelogues, photos, etc.?
To fill a trip with content, you need to write blog posts. These blog posts are called "Footprints" on FindPenguins. Start creating and uploading Footprint posts in the trip you created. Here's how:
- In the app you will find a menu item called "+ Footprint" in the bottom menu. Tap it!
- You'll see a page with a map at the top and other fields like the title of the Footprint, the date, the trip the footprint belongs to (if you have multiple trips), a textfield for your stories and a big "+" plus icon that lets you add photos or videos to the post. For a more detailed description of how to create a footprint, see this article: How to post a new footprint
- After you've entered the necessary information, save the post and upload it - or save it as a draft to upload later. That's it!
Some helpful tips for newbies:
- When you save a footprint as a draft, it appears on the "Home" page of the app. You can continue to edit or upload it at any time.
- Your trip will not be visible to followers until you uploaded a first Footprint.
- If you want to upload a test Footprint, you can simply turn on the private switch in the Footprint dialog so that only you can see that post.
- You can edit a footprint at any time and change all information. Just find the menu in the Footprint and open it.
Here you will also find a lot of additional help. Just use the search field to find what you are looking for. Of course you can always send us a message with your questions.
Just try it out, our users say it takes a few days to learn FindPenguins, but once you understand how it works, it's totally easy and fun!