In case you’re having problems with the Travel Tracker or your Travel Tracker is not recording your travel route properly, here are some tips:
First of all, please read the following article in order to understand, how our tracker actually works:
How does the Travel Tracker work? Does it use GPS?
Please also note, that our app requests the location from your smartphone. If your smartphone cannot retrieve the location, the FindPenguins app also can't.
- Please make sure the Travel Tracker is turned to ON for the correct trip. To check this, navigate to your travel profile, tap the tracker icon in the top menu, then check if the correct trip is selected. Try turning the travel tracker OFF and ON again there.
- Please check the end date of the trip, the tracker is turned on for. If the end date lays back a few days, the app does not record new waypoints. You will receive various notifications before this happens. If no end date is set, you can ignore this point.
- Make sure your phone does not run in “Low power mode“ (iOS) and that the ”Battery saver” (Android) is turned off.
- Try turning on the ”Higher accuracy” mode:
How can I increase the tracking accuracy?
- If your route line is inaccurate or there are only few waypoints, your phone has trouble finding your location. Turning off flight mode helps! Also try to keep your phone at a position with a clear view of the sky (if possible).
If all this doesn’t work, please send us an email with the link to your trip and the name of your phone!